Microgreens Grow Kit
Our microgreen grow kits are made from fully compostable material.
- Organic Spring Salad Mix
- Organic Hard Red Winter Wheat (6-hour soak recommended)
- Potting soil
- Compostable packaging for grow trays
1. The kit’s exterior packaging is your grow trays, you can cut or carefully tear along the seam to separate them.
2. Carefully pour one soil pack into both trays.
3. Remove any bits of wood and break up any lumps in the soil.
4. Even out the soil, flattening the surface, pressing down gently.
5. Spray the surface of the soil until all wet & black but not soaked.
6. Evenly sprinkle the seeds from one pack across the wet soil surface.
7. Spray lightly one more time to wet the seeds.
8. Place a cardboard lid on top of the tray.
9. Place the tray somewhere warm but not hot.
10. Spray daily for 4-5 days; spray enough to make the soil black again.
11. The seeds should be germinating by day 5.
12. Remove the lid.
13. Position the tray/lid combo in a bright/sunny location.
14. Water daily around the tray edges – the soil should not be soaking wet.
15. Harvest 7-10 days later when 2-3″ tall and are mature plants
- Soak the wheatgrass seeds for 6 hours before planting.
- Use string to gather tall, leaning shoots.
- Continue with light/water and you may get a second harvest.
- Order our soil and seed refill packs.